Followers

Sunday, March 31, 2024

Farewell To March, Darlings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                           It was a strange month, March of 2024.  The beginning was OK, especially seeing "Wicked," and its being in such good shape.  It was also the March Of The Mammoths, where one selects a book of eight hundred or more pages, and finishes it in March.  My choice was "Shantaram," by Gregory David Roberts.  If I had the entire day to read, I could finish it, having only 118 pages to go.  But, since I did not begin it till March 15, one has to say that is pretty good.



                            And I might have finished sooner had I not been waylaid by those five inexplicable days of depression, which I still think had to do with my thyroid.  I will be sure to consult my endocrinologist next month.


                            April brings the showers and the flowers.  We have some exciting events coming up, and a cluster of sad death anniversaries.  T. S. Eliot said it was the cruelest month.


                              So, farewell to March, we are one fourth through 2024, and I will see you on here, next month!


                               Happy Spring, darlings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Victoria said...

so many of us battle anxiety and depression.
not that I’d Wish it on anyone of course, just know, you have a LOT of company.
plus it was Holy Week, so emotions are heightened, both joyful AND profoundly sad.

The Raving Queen said...

Victoria,
Thank you. It is comforting to know I am not alone.
And others suffer worse than I do, so I am thankful I am
managing all reasonably.