Followers

Saturday, March 30, 2024

Only For The Greatness Of Grayson Hall Is "Gargoyles" Worth Watching!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                             I speak for those who have never seen this 1972 TV movie, which "Svengoolie" is showing tonight.  For those who have, and want to see Grayson Hall again, fine. But for first timers, I am warning you, about halfway through the film--maybe less--Grayson disappears, then appears briefly, and all the liveliness of the film goes with it.



                              So, because of Easter vigil, David and I will be skipping "Svengoolie" this week.  We probably would have, had we no Easter service to go to.



                               But for those staying at home, having never seen this, I urge you to watch it, for the great Grayson Hall.  And then, take a look at her classic, Oscar nominated performance in 1964's "The Night Of The Iguana.  She steals the show.



                                As she does in every vehicle she is in.  But this one takes the cake!  She badly needed a paycheck, if she did "Gargoyles." And let me tell you, darlings, each time she is seen swigging back a liquor bottle, that is probably real liquor in there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                Have a joyous evening, no matter what you do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!




2 comments:

Mistress Maddie said...

Nothing say Easter viewing like Gargoyles. I have seen it before so I won't watch. Our local channeling is airing Easter Parade. And since I just adore the hair helmeted Ann Miller.... I'll be watching....

The Raving Queen said...

Mistress Maddie,
I love "Easter Parade," with Judy singing "I Was Born In Michigan," and she and Fred dancing to "When The Midnight Train Leaves For Alabam." Today we are seeing Charles Busch's play, "Ibsen's Ghost," and then back home for the annual screening of "The Song Of Bernadette, with Jenniver Jones, in her stunning, Academy Award winning performance.

Have a Happy Easter, dear!