Followers

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Darlings, I Am Feeling SO Ann-Marget-ish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Girls, I am telling you, from Amy Adams, to Ann-Margret, what is that all about. As Dinah Washington said, "What a difference a day makes!"

Actually all it means is that I am going to see "Bye Bye Birdie" tonight on Broadway at the Henry Miller Theatre. And of course, girls, we ALL remember the movie, with Ann-Margret singing the title song in the opening and closing sequences, running at us towards the screen. Girls, we all wanted to BE Ann-Margret, and let me tell you, whenever that film was on TV in our house, I would do that number in front of the television and run towards the camera!!!!!!!!!!!!
My poor parents! Even then, I did not give a fuck for social convention!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not that I am expecting miracles at this production tonight, which got horrendous reviews, and is going to close on Sunday. But a discounted tkt is not a thing to turn down, nor is an evening at the theater seeing a musical. So we will be on the aisle tonight, darlings, with a report on such tomorrow.

Things seem to be settling down in the bitch department, as they damn well better. I have to keep my bitch energy in good supply for when it is really needed. But, lambs, I need some emotional energy, what with David about to be transferred to a hospice, which means the end is coming, and John in the nursing home....I am telling you, what has my life turned into??? And all I wanted was to give fabulous parties, like Truman Capote!!!! Well that was ONE of the things I wanted. The other was to have my genius acknowledged, like Truman Capote!!!! And of course to have a husband!!!!!!!!! Rest assured, darlings, I am not through yet!!!!!!!!!!!

I was so up and at 'em this morning, my beauty regimen was done in record time, and now I almost feel as pert and perky as Katie Couric. Wish I was getting her salary. But you all have a fabulous day, darlings, and stay tuned for 'Birdie' tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers, girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: