Followers

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Girls, How I Long For The Days Of "Flower Drum Song!!!!!"



Darlings, after reading this, maybe you will understand why I find B.D. Wong so cute in his little business suits on 'SVU.' Let me tell you something, honey, Pearl S. Buck never dreamt up anything THIS fetching.

But I am getting ahead of myself. This has been a whirlwind weekend, starting Friday evening, when a group of us--Audrey, Marina (with the stunning hair), Peter (with the stunning intellect, but not quite as much hair), Monsieur and myself, gathered at the Harvey Theatre at BAM, where we saw Oscar nominee Geoffrey Rush in "Diary Of A Madman." But before discussing that, let me tell you, Audrey found a babysitter for Ruby (though my guess is, it is really Ruby who is doing the babysitting), and you would not believe how gorgeous Audrey looks!!!! I mean, the glistening skin tones and hair!!!!! You would never guess she had had a baby six months ago!!!! Honey, if I thought this would work for me, I would have a baby, too!!!! But, then, I have Monsieur, and yes, loves, I am post menopaual!!!!!!!

Poor Monsieur!!!!! He had a rough time!!!!! Not just listening to this queen's opinions, which he is used to, let me tell you, but our seats for this show turned out to be extremely high, in an extremely steep theater, and I had no idea he was this affected by heights. Plus--can you believe this, girls????--we sat in some faux barber or bar chairs, with back and foot supports, because they were so high up, our feet would dangle otherwise. It is a good thing the show was so extraordinary, with Geoffrey Rush doing a truly virtuoso turn!!!! And BAM was the perfect place for it; if 'Spider Man' can't fly on Broadway, how could this be expected to??????

No wonder Monsieur scarfed down his Something Different (which certainly was!!!!) at Junior's, where I felt in a Fifties time warp, where gangsters were going to come in and shoot us!!!!! Which they didn't. My deli sandwich was fine, but, honey, I have had better. The Golden Girls would have loved the Cheesecake, though!!!!!!!

A good time was had by all!!!! But, darlings, I was exhausted!!!!!

The following evening found Monsieur and I at Mandarin Court in Chinatown, with the most dazzling social array--tall, stately Herb, with the most gorgeous green coat, Bruce, the political legend, Alvin, that character, and Glenn, who is quite a talker, like me, darlings, and looked pretty dashing last night; maybe he was in search of some rice cakes, though I don't see him as a Rice Queen!!!!! But, who knows????? Oh, and Don, who, as usual, leered at me the whole evening!!!!!!!

Honey, we ALL should have leered at the service, which was terrible, stuck, as we were, in our little corner hideaway, with these faux "Flower Drum Song" decorations!!!!! At least during THAT era, they knew how to serve in Chinatown!!!! Where is B.D.Wong when you need him???? He would have given us good service, and I am sure Glenn would have loved HIS rice pattie.

I could hardly eat a thing, because Monsieur and I had an enormous lunch at the hot new spot in my Woodside neighborhood, which I will tell my girls about, soon!!!!!! But what a weekend it has been!!!! No wonder I have to rest!!!!!!!

And we all wonder where Glenn mysteriously disappeared to, afterwards, and whether he is still with us!!!!!!!!

Get with it, Girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: