Followers

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Girls, Sometimes I Cannot Believe I Live In Queens!!!!!!



Girls,I am telling you, it is sad to think the Raving Queen lives in Queens, which has to be one of the most unsophisticated places on the planet!!!! No bookstores or lesbians (not that lesbians are sophisticated, well some are!!!!), and though it is famous for Julie Powell, that has not raised its quotient. And don't get me started on the faux sophistication of Astoria, with its Greek restaurants and Film Musuem. My girls knows what that is called. An anomaly, darlings!!!!!!!!

So it was disturbing that last night found me engaged socially in Queens. I was with my lovely Monsieur, of course, who is trying to guide me still through my colonoscopy, the Kew Gardens Legend, Bruce, my own Estella, Herb, Don and Dante, which meant I had to be leered at all night by Don!!!! There was this guy, Greg, who was just impossible to get a handle on, and this poltico fag hag named Barbara, who looked like she should have been in either a John Waters or David Lynch film. And it would not surprise me if she has!!!!!!!

But the real surprise, the most upsetting one,is that this gathering took place in a place hitherto held in high esteem--Dazie's, off the 40th Steet Stop on the #7Train, along Queens Blvd. In a more delusional period of my life--let's not go there, loves--I was a frequent habitue there, where the food was plentiful, the wine excellent, the service superb, and the atmosphere romantic. The atmosphere is still romantic, but, darlings, let me inform you, if last night is any indication, this place has gone down the tubes!!!!!! For starters, legendary Bruce's Slow Gin Fizz looked like a Shirley Temple!!!!! Herb, my Estella, did not get enough shrimp in his dish; he should have broken some staff hearts, maybe even bones!!! I am telling you, Cody, his highly sophisticated Village dog, who snores gently, like Jackie Kennedy Onasis, would have turned up her nose here!!!!! Dogs know; make no mistake!!!!! My meal, the Eggplant Rollatin and Pappardelle with Veal ragout was tasty, but not in a stellar way. Same with monsieur's Chicken Parmasean!!! And Dazie's used to be stellar!!!!!

Honey, it is living on a past reputation that has vanished within the last five years. Which gives you an idea of the level of social life in Queens!!!! Save me, darlings!!!! But in spite of it, a good time was had by all, Don got to leer at me, and the evening was not a waste. I have dined, and will continue to dine at far better places--you better believe it, darlings!!!--but this is the last time I dine at Dazie's. Sweeties, its misty, water colored memories have turned rancid!!!!!

Don't you, now, darlings!!!!

No comments: