Followers

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Darlings, Good Gravy!!!!!!!!!!! From Franco-American!!!!!!!!!!!



Girls, especially those of a Certain Age, remember back when we were young, and oh so striving for sophistication??? When "My Little Margie" on TV gave us insight into the adult world--living in a hotel suite in New York City with a RICH Daddy, buying clothes, having luncheon smartly dressed--honey, we were on our way!!! Bur remember how sophisticated we thought Swanson TV Dinners were????? And ESPECIALLY a meat sandwich--turkey or roast beef--placed over white bread, with the appropriately flavored Franco- American gravy over it, adorned with a garnish of Ocean Spray Cranberry Sauce???????? Loves, we just thought it was the HEIGHT of sophistication, better than those junky chicken nuggets kids eat today. What will they think passes for sophistication--a salad bar in a Food Court??????????

It just makes me long for the old days--go home, get into my jammies and have one of these childcentric, sophisiticated meals, and relive the glory days of early childhood sophistication and elegance!!!!!!! Franco- American paved the way, let me tell you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess this just demonstrates how exhausted I am from the past weekend, not to mention scrubbing convent floors, and taking care of the lepers up on Cabrini Boulevard. And then tomorrow night I have to perform the role of Miss Prism in the Oscar Wilde classic, "The Importance Of Being Earnest." I just need to collapse!!!!!!!!!

So is it any wonder I want to curl up, with Franco- American???? More sophisticated than that damned Olive Garden, I can tell you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: