Followers

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Girls, Here Is Another New Orleans Slice Of Life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Darlings, the Garden District of this town has to be one of the most beautiful nabes in America. You know, I am ready to move into it, as soon as possible. Especially since its supernatural leanings are so aplenty, what with ghosts and the Mayfairs. In fact, the photo in question relates to that family. This is the Our Mother Of Perpetual Help Chapel, which is where Carlotta, Miss Belle, Miss Nancy and Millie Dear--the elder Mayfair women--all went to Mass. Which indicates again that Catholicism seems to offer lots of room for alternative spiritual exploration if one is so inclined. And this town--New Orleans--covers it all--from Voodoo to Witchcraft.

So here is another slice of the NOLA life that has so captivated me, and continues to captivate. While I never got inside the Chapel, I recognized its literary and spiritual significance. I mean, let's face it, after over 50 years of being Catholic, I am sticking, strictly speaking, with "The Song Of Bernadette"!!!!!!!!

Jennifer Jones Rules, dolls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: