Followers

Monday, July 11, 2011

Is Life Like "Funny Girl", Darlings????????????????



Girls, let me tell you, sometimes it is, though the distinctions between good and bad were sometimes blurred.

First of all, you know, that ever since that score hit the Broadway stage, within months I was belting out every word of it in an effort to succeed Barbra at any time in the part!!!!! And now, with the potential advent of Lea Michele thinking she is going to step in, my assuming that role becomes crucial!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can still belt out every word of the score, and yesterday, while Monsieur and I were dressing and getting ready for Audrey's party, I belted out a couple of tunes--most notably "Who Taught Her Everything?", which Monsieur did not realize was from the original show. Whereupon, I proceeded to elaborate on how the show score and the movie score of "Funny Girl" are often two separate things--with me preferring the latter.

At least I have the wonderful Monsieur, whom I am grateful for every single day, you better believe it, and especially last week when he had to perform real heroics to keep me on a straight course from turning into my own version of Insanity Wolf!!!!! And of course I would do the same for him. But I think tonight, a Romantic Surprise is in order. He is no two timer like Nicky Arnstein, I can tell you that!!!!!!!!!!

And yesterday's gathering at Audrey's was the highlight of the Summer season. With the weather so beautiful, and the sky and skyline view so clear from the waterway along Maxfield Park, that it was perfection!!!!! Audrey looked radiant, as always, Ruby was a joy to behold in her outfit, and the Watermelon Salad was fabulous!!!!!!!!!!! The perfect refresher for the season. I think Monsieur took a peek at the recipe, so I would not be surprised if it turns up on our table soon. He has made Audrey's famous Asian Cole Slaw, so who knows?????????

But, yes, darlings, with gratitude to Monsieur and for what I have, I AM ready to belt "Funny Girl" and take on Miss Lea. And maybe when said time comes, we can move "Mama Mia" from the Winter Garden, because I have ALWAYS wanted to play that theater, that is where "Funny Girl" played originally, and that is where it should play again!!!!!!!!!!

And if it does, all my girls will get comps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: