Followers

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Louisiana Purchase!!!! I'll Tell You What It Means!!!! It Means I'd Like ToSell You New Orleans!!!!




Darlings, I am sold on this town; so much so that, if I stayed here, you know I would set up shop in the French Quarter, where I would conduct book discussions, a Mayfair Witch Tour, Tarot readings, Voodoo rituals, and every Sunday, like Carlotta, go to Mass at the Mother of Perpetual Help Chapel in the Garden District. Not to mention the week would not pass without a visit to either Galatoire's or Commander's Palace. And if all this happened, not only would I be a cinch to upstage current socialite Margarita Bergen, I would be bigger than she is. Like Victor Buono!!!!!!

But, girls, today it is time to bid a fond farewell to New Orleans, where we had the most marvelous time--so romantic, girls, with those evening post curls--and I truly believe we covered everything we wanted to see and do. In order to do any more here, I would have to set up shop.

So the Raving Queen is coming back to claim his territory in New York, where who knows what has happened in his absence, and see some theater, the kind of which you cannot see here. Just in time for July 4th, with fireworks on the river and at home!!!!!!!!

I would like to thank Monsieur Davide, gentle and loving--and SO funny, darlings!!!!--without whom I could not have made this trip. As well as my sister and niece, without whom this trip would not have been. And the lovely citizens of New Orleans, from the Monteleone Staff, to Priestess Miriam, to Dr. John, the Voodoo Priest, to Fancy, the Alligator, and all our wonderful and informative tour guides. And to the spirit of the Mayfairs, who guided me through these paths, and continue to!!!!!!

NOLA, we love you!!!!!! And who knows, maybe we will be back. But till that time, if any, live and love well, and prosper, and no more Katrinas!!!!!!!!

May your only Hurricane be a drink, girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: