Followers

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

It Is All About The Hair, Darlings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Unfortunately, girls, I am not going to report on the spectacular 'Harry Potter' premiere at Lincoln Center. I know I should, but, first, seeing the film is not one of MY priorities, (I enjoy the books more!!!) and the mob scene was so close to approaching New Years Eve in Times Square, or the Rockefeller Chritmas Tree lighting, that I wanted to get the Hell out of there!!!! Plus, the film was being shown on a gigantic outdoor screen, suspeneded over the front of the State Theatre, and it was SO humid last night (I mean, close to New Orleans, lambs) that, even if they had been showing "Gone With The Wind" or "The Wizard Of Oz," I would not have stayed!!!!!!

So I beat a hasty retreat to Monsieur's air conditioned Village pensione!!!! Now, I have heard for a long time about "Rizzoli And Isles," with Angie Harmon and Sasha Alexander. I have adored Angie Harmon ever since she played ADA Abby Carmichael on the first "Law And Order" series. But I had never really had an opportunity to tune in to this show, which I understand, is based on a series of novels by Tess Gerritsen, featuring Jane Rizzoli. Honey, I am going to have to read them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Girls, you may have to give up your Monday evenings for this gem. Or, at least, I will!!!!! This show proves one can call 911, catch a criminal, do a forensic reading, and not split a nail, chip your polish, or, most importantly, muss your hair. Yes, loves, it is all about the hair!!!!! Angie's flowing black tresses, sultry voice and casual wardrobe suggesting a much more sexy Katherine Hepburn (the wardrobe, I mean!!!), are simply stunning, and she does not look a day older, remarkably, than when she played Abby Carmichael. Sasha Alexander has such a gorgeous hair color, and rich texture; she is also the more curvy of the two, which means she can whip up a chocolate souffle, or do an autopsy, while looking like Anna Wintour (who is not so curvy!!!). Back in the days of "Cagney and Lacey," glamour had to be downplayed, which caused all kinds of confusion, like were they (the characters OR the actresses???)lesbians???? Today, times are tough, glamour sells, and these gals market it for all it is worth!!!! Lesbians will love them, because they could be, but they are not!!!! They are the most fascinating duo on the Tube, and I promise, if you watch regularly, you will pick up plenty of crimesolving AND fashion tips!!!! What's so bad about that?????

Darlings, I am hooked--this could be my new vice!!! What is Monsieur going to do, except wring his hands in supplication and say, "Here it goes again!"

Last night's episode, the Season Opener, dealt with possible military terrorism, but came down to military psychopathology, which is no surprise, considering how those boys operate. But Angie and Sasha were as cool as ice!!!!!

Girls, you just have to see it! It will define your Monday!!!!!

And teach you NEVER to leave home, without your nails buffed!!!! Mine always are, but I can't vouch for the rest of me!!!!!!

See you on the fashion runway, loves!!!!!!!

No comments: