Followers

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Girls, Come And Get Your Happiness!!!!!!!!



"Among the wildwood of your happy childhood,
When you were Jills and Jack.
In raggy britches, there's a lot of riches,
On which you don't pay any income tax!"
--"Come And Get Your Happiness",
From "Rebecca Of Sunnybrook Farm" (1938)

Darlings, shows how long it has been since sitting through a Shirley Temple film; I thought this was from "Little Miss Broadway." At least I had the year right--1938!!!!!

I have always loved the verse of this song, especially the last line about not paying income tax, because the New Year always reminds me we have to go through that annual crap again!!!! Like, what does it get ME???? Except keeping people off my back!!!!!

From the song above, even Shirley, at 10, was disgusted with the tax system!!!! And think how much money she was making--more than any prepubescent of her day!!!!!!
I should have such an income!!! Oh, well, I can dream ahead for the year, can't I?????

But this post is less about me railing against the IRS and more about making sure you all get your share of happiness coming to in this forthcoming year of 2012!!!!!!

And not worry--I promise I will soon tell the 'Dragon Tattoo' story!!!!!!!

No comments: