Followers

Monday, January 9, 2012

Sweeties! Sweeties!!!!!!!! Sweeties!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



"Wheels of fire,
Rolling down the road.
Best notify my next of kin,
This wheel shall explode."
---theme song from "Absolutely Fabulous"

Girls, I am telling you, with all that has been going on, even some things do slip past my radar. So, when Monsieur told me last eve that we were going to watch an episode of "AbFab" (ie; "Absolutely Fabulous"), I thought he meant one of the classic vintage ones.

But, no, loves, Jennifer Saudners and Company have shot a couple of new segments, to commemorate the series' 20 Year Anniversary!!!!!! Can you believe it has been 20 years since we were introduced to Edina Monsoon, her daughter Saffron, and Edina's friend and colleague, Patsy Stone???? Who, you may recall, maintains she has not eaten a thing since 1973!!!!!!!!!!!!

First of all, from the get go, there was no question that I was ready to play Edina!!!!!!! I mean, I AM Edina!!!!!! My favorite of the vintage episodes is the "Birthday" one, where Edina turns 40, and comes down the stairs head first!!!! Now, I actually remember seeing this, initially, before I did turn 40, and I swear when that did happen, I seem to recall making a similar entrance as Edina!!!!!!!!!!!

My friends, Tom and Steven, would make a fabulous Saffron and Patsy. Monsieur would make a great Mother, and my other friend, Joe, I always said would be great as Bubbles!!!!!!!!!!

And they were all back, in this present day episode, looking, well, ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS. Especially Julia Sawalha, as Saffron, who has lost some weight, and it is very becoming on her. But then so was the weight. I have always loved Julia, and was so glad to see her playing Saffy again. Jennifer Saunders has certainly gotten heavy; I felt so much better about myself, after seeing her!!!!! But then, I remembered something about her battling breast cancer, so treatment, meds, all of the above, could have had a hand in the weight thing, too!!!!!!!!

I could not believe Saffron had been in prison for two years. Something about fraud, and she maintained her innocence, and I believe her. And how about her lesbian inmate/visitor, Baron???? I thought at first it was Chloe Sevigny!!!!! Imagine her turning out to be Patsy's former drug dealer, which explained why she befriended Saffron in prison. But they got rid of her, in the end!!!!!!!!!!!!

The clothes, honey, the clothes!!!!!!!! I want to wear some of those long, flowing things Edina was wearing!!!!!!! They hide a multitude of sins!!!!!!! I should be wearing them, anyway, since I AM Edina!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, my God, it was such a treat to have everyone back, looking so terrific!!!!!! Let's hope they keep it up!!!!!!!!!!!

Pats, Pats, Pats, we NEED you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: