Followers

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Can You Believe It Has been Twenty Years, Darlings???????????


                                This morning, girls, while listening to 1010 WINS, waiting to get my weekly dose of Sunday comfort and wisdom from Sister Camille D'Arienzo,  I heard a broadcaster state it has been twenty years to the day that Audrey Hepburn left us!

                                   Talk about the  passage of time!  I remember how sad I was at her passing--another icon gone!!!!-- and to think she was only 63, which, at the age I am now, seems rather young, these days!!!!!!!!

                                    It gave me pause.  So I wanted to share with you girls these thoughts, plus my favorite Audrey photo, from, of course, "Breakfast At Tiffany's!"

                                    Rest In Peace, Audrey!  Maybe some of you girls can pull out one of her DVDs  and watch it in her honor!  My choice would be "My Fair Lady."  When she comes down those stairs in that Cecil Beaton designed ball gown--WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                     But then Audrey would have looked great in anything!  Even burlap, which she practically did in the movie "Green Mansions!"

                                       Not me, darlings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I need my ermine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: