Followers

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Wouldn't This Be A Fabulous Idea, Dolls?????????


                                Several summers ago, my friend Tom, the cherub, and I visited the Land of Make Believe in Hope, New Jersey.  It coincided with our visit to Blairstown, regarding all things "Friday The 13th," (the towns are next to each other) and my favorite attraction, as seen above, was the Candy Cane Forest.  On the day we went, it was cloudy and overcast, so the darkened light gave more the illusion of being deep within a forest; it was not as summery bright as the photo would indicate.

                                 Vision of candy canes just dance in my head, girls, especially since one of the homeowners in our neighborhood, at 77th Street, (in Bay Ridge) before we get on the subway, still had some of their outdoor decorations on the lawn.  A deer was toppled over; very sad looking, but there was a candy cane stuck in the ground, which reminded me of the Land Of Make Believe, and which set in motion the idea I have for what I think would make a terrific theme park!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                    I am talking about the CandyLand Game Board!

                                     Just picture it, girls!!!!!!! Several acres of land, bedecked with colored squares, that you walk upon, with duplicate renderings of all the candied places seem on the board.  Now, because they will be in the outdoors all year, they cannot be really candied, but my idea is that in places where you can go inside--like the Peanut Brittle House, or the pineappled,. pink roofed house that ends the journey, real facsimiles of these candies can be sold inside and bought!!!!!!!!!!

                                      Is New Jersey the place for it?  I don't know, though there have been quite a few famous theme parks and attractions there, not to mention the famous Gingerbread Castle, which this could be viewed as an outgrowth of.

                                      To build this would take three things--a suitable location, planning and money!  Don't look at me for any!!!!!!!!!!!  Though I am willing to take credit as Creative Consultant, since I came up with this idea in the first place.

                                       The edition of CandyLand I had advertised it as "A sweet little game for sweet little folks."

                                         With a theme park, all folks, little and big, can partake, loves!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

macbth said...

You are using my photo / image of my wife's art work, CANDYLAND-
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dembicer/126630489/

Can you please give credit , with link - thanks