Followers

Thursday, September 26, 2013

Girls, I Am Telling You, The Year Is Officially Winding Down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                                 Actually, it started to wind down three days ago, on the 23rd, which, incidentally, happened to be my 32nd anniversary at my workplace.  Not that I got flowers, a cake, or a luncheon, or anything!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                                   Be that a it may, there is always one, tell tale sign that tells, for me, when the year is quickly drawing to the close.  That is when I leave work each night, walking to the subway underneath the tunnels beneath Lincoln Center.  To my right, there are a series of window spots for posters advertising upcoming events at Lincoln Center.  And every time I see the poster--always the same one--for the annual presentation of George Balanchine's "The Nutcracker"--which is basically what the New York City Ballet lives the rest of its year on!!!!!!!!!--I know that the year is drawing to a close.

                                                     Well, darlings, I saw the poster Monday evening, at 6PM!  It was most likely up before that, but, from that moment on, I know that 2013 is quickly spiraling downward, when it will eventually transition into History!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                                      Not to mention I have to start thinking about tickets for "The Nutcracker."  I myself have not been in a couple of years, and that was before meeting my partner. So, I think it is high time the two of us went!  The romantic Tchaikovsky score, the Land Of The Sugar Plums set, and my favorite moment of all--the Christmas tree growing before your eyes....  it has to be experienced once, darlings!!!!!!!!!!!!  And since I have not been in awhile, it is time to do so with the one I love!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                                       We will try to go before leaving town for the Holidays.  And I can guarantee you--here, there is no Nasty Hostess, like at Delemarchier!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                                          Hmmmm.....that annual event is coming up, sooner than I think!!!!!!!!!!!









No comments: