Followers

Monday, September 2, 2013

Happy Labor Day, Darlings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                           One may wonder, darlings, what is happy about this day, as it marks the unofficial end of Summer, and after that things shut down, and people retreat indoors!  But, let me tell you, when it is a Monday morning, and the alarm goes off, and you can actually stick out your tongue at it, and remain in bed, that is certainly reason enough to be happy.  Mondays are depressing, anyway, so the thought of the work week beginning on Tuesday, which is a "Rizzoli and Isles" night, is uplifting enough!

                           And we--Monsieur and I--have exciting plans for the day--a sojourn into the city, with dinner at 54 Below, and a cabaret gig by Musical Theater Legend, Ann Morrison, star of the original production of "Merrily We Roll Along," which I saw, twice, back in 1981!  Wonder what kind of audience will be there, and the songs that will be sung!  With my preoccupation lately, I hope she does "There Won't Be Trumpets; " I would love to hear Ann nail that, which I know she could!  If she takes requests, I may suggest it!

                          So, whatever you are doing today, darlings--CELEBRATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!  It may be Labor Day, but this is one day where no one has to do any!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                           And who says Summer has to end????????????????????????????????????????

No comments: