Followers

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

This One Was Almost Too Graphic For Me, Girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                      As if such a thing were possible!  But, with each chapter introduced by the killer's POV detailing such delectable images as genital mutilation, vaginal tearing and multiple breast stabbings, even I was getting a little squeamish.

                                        But David Peace's third entry in his Red Riding Quartet is riveting, as the police close in on a fictitious version of the Yorkshire Ripper, to the point where one of their own might be involved. Before I was halfway through, I was convinced the whole BPD was responsible!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                          The book raises another interesting question. There is one more book to go, and, with the way this turns out, I have to wonder where Peace can go from here?  It will be fascinating to find out, and I will tell you so, here!

                                               You may need a cup of tea to get through this one, girls!  But, if, like me, serial killers are your cup of tea, David Peace offers up heaping portions!   I can't think of anyone writing on this subject today who does so as compellingly as he!  It makes me want to read some of his other works!!!!!!!!!!!

                                                  Make sure your doors are locked, while reading, girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: