Followers

Tuesday, August 5, 2014

My God!!!!!!!!!!!! Is Everything Fodder For A Musical, These Days?????????????

                            "When I was a child, the expression, 'Good night, sleep tight, don't let the bedbugs bite," had a folk kind of meaning, since none of us know what they were, or had ever dealt with them.  Only within the last several years of living in NYC have I heard of them, though not personally.

                                  Now, a guy named Paul Leschen, has created a kind of sci-fi rock musical about this topic, and while I am the first to praise irreverent material, this is enough to make me squirm.  If anyone goes to this show, they will be compulsively cleaning their apartments, as soon as they get home!  One will never feel secure in one's home, again!

                                    "Heathers," which was fun, was one thing; "Bedbugs" is another.  I have until September 14, when it opens at the Arclight Theatre, at 152 West 71st Street, after previews, which begin on September 9.

                                       If this were entitled "Roaches," it would be easy to sit through; bring cans of RAID!!!!!!!!!  But, what could bring to "Bedbugs?????????????"

                                         Any of you out there, brave enough to go?  Let me know, darlings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



No comments: