Followers

Saturday, August 16, 2014

When We Need Some Cheering Up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                            What a week we have had, girls!  Emotional lows, the passing of both Robin Williams, the shooting of Michael Brown, Joan Rivers spouting off (rightfully) about Palestine; what does one do, when needing to be cheered up???????????

                               The answer, of course, darlings, is Hayley Mills!  Now, back in the 60's, when she was Disney's Biggest Star, I so wanted to be her!  Especially after seeing her play twins in 1962, in "The Parent Trap," which featured the hit song "Let's Get Together," that became such a hit on radio I memorized it, sang it, and owned a 45 RPM of it.  On the "B" side, one day, I discovered "Cobbler, Cobbler," which was not used in the film, but Hayley's cheery, sprightly delivery was so calming, during this recent period of time, I found myself thinking back to it.  And I realized it was something I wanted to share with all my readers.

                                I listened to this the first time I got up, this morning, and it did the trick!!!!!!!!!!


                                Who among us doesn't need cheering up, no matter what your week was like?????????

                                So, here is Hayley Mills, whom I and many my age, wanted to be, when we were children, to cheer you up, whenever you feel blue!

                                 Enjoy, girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: