Followers

Wednesday, August 24, 2016

"Something Is Stirring, Shifting Ground, It's Just Begun............!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"


                                Those words were lyrical and singable, back when I first heard them, the night of October 31 (Halloween!) 1981, when I first saw "Merrily We Roll Along," at the then Alvin Theatre.
I heard the words, but I did not understand them. Because I had not lived long enough.

                                  This realization came to me on February 14, 2014 (Valentine's Day!) when my beloved and I saw 'Merrily'at ENCORES.  When it got to "Our Time," my heart broke, as I realized that this show was not just about Prince and Sondheim's generation, but mine, performed, as the original was, by a cast comprised substantially of baby boomers.  I could very well have been one of those people up on that roof. And in life, back then, I had been.

                                    So, "Our Time' means considerably more to me now, than it did, then.

                                     Darlings, imagine my excitement when I heard that the longtime documentary about "Merrily We Roll Along" and its now legendary Original Cast, entitled "Best Worst Thing That Ever Could Have Happened,": is ready.  Not only is it ready, it will have its premiere at this year's New York Film Festival.

                                      We simply have to be there!  And, of course, if we cannot, this film must get a theatrical release, so it can be flocked to instantly.  'Merrily' is as defining of the youth of those who first saw it when young, as the actors themselves.

                                          I simply cannot wait!

                                           Here is the song, done by the Original Cast!


                                             "Dreams don't die," darlings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                                         

No comments: