Followers

Saturday, August 6, 2016

Who Is The Real Bitch In "Dreamgirls????????????????"


                              I have been watching and thinking about "Dreamgirls" lately.  All of us, at one time or another, feel we are being betrayed or back stabbed by some Diana Ross bitch among us, and the same goes for me.  I would act out just like Effie; believe me.  And, as Effie herself says, "Oh, I can go farther!  I can GO farther!"  You know I can, girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                              But, getting back to the story at hand, I have come to the conclusion, that as much of a scum as Curtis is, and while Deena's behavior toward Effie was not exemplary, as she had no idea she, too was being used, the REAL bitch of the whole thing is C.C. White.

                               He is the David Greenglass of "Dreamgirls."  He sells out to the great American Corporation, to leave Effie, pregnant and in the gutter, though he does not realize she is pregnant, at the time.  I never understood this character's connection to Smokey Robinson, but I have reached the conclusion that he is the most hateful character in the story.  And when they reconcile, I do not buy it.  Effie should have smacked him in the face!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Selling out his own sister; his own flesh and blood!  And for what!  Hey, if he would sell his sister out, what else would this wretch do??????????

                            I have no compassion for C.C.  I know the whole Effie reconciliation thing was to placate audiences with a musical theater fantasy, plus Jennifer Holiday, the original Broadway Effie, did not want to have her die, as the script had planned; that would have been too close to Florence Ballard, and after James Thunder Early's downfall, audiences would want to slit their wrists.

                              Yes. C.C. sent his sister money, but it was blood money; I wonder if she took it?  Because Effie had strength and pride!  Unlike C.C.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  He should have had some kind of downfall in the show!  Then I would have been happy, and audiences, after taking a closer look, would have wanted this, too.

                               Because, darlings, C.C. is "Dreamgirls'" Supreme Bitch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                               

No comments: