Followers

Saturday, September 2, 2017

Darlings, I Cannot Wait For "IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"


                            If only this movie were opening this weekend.  What a perfect Holiday movie it would have been!

                             The imagery evoked in the trailer, some of which I will share with you, is genuinely creepy, yet raises some questions.  Is this version entirely about the children????? In the King novel, and the 1990 telefilm, child and adult actors were cast.  The adults reunited, decades later, to go back to their home town to eradicate the horrors of their childhood. But the only ones in the trailer I see doing any eradicating are the children.

                                Let me say, at the outset, there is no way Bill Skarsgard is going to top Tim Curry as Pennywise The Clown.  Too much Victorian lace on the costume, and that tongue in cheek expression create an air of campiness sure to detach one from the horror, adding a more humorous touch to Pennywise, while sacrificing the menace.  I could be wrong, dolls, but this is what I fear.
                               My hope comes from the visuals, and the child actors.  Look at this shot; it is brilliant.  And what a creepy house.  Just the kind I would like to poke around in, for some paranormal fun.

                                Actually, on some days, I feel paranormal, myself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                Now, for those who know nothing, stop reading.  If you must, then pay attention.

                                 IT actually is an entity that can change into anything.  Pennywise is the most famous transformation, and the most memorable.  But, those having read the King novel, and seen the 1990 telefilm, know that, in its true form, IT is a big spider.  You know, like the kind featured in 50's sci-fi films like "Tarantula!" or "Earth Vs. The Spider."  On TV, this cheap thing looked like the creature from "Queen Of Outer Space" taken out of retirement.  It was so pathetic, the actors could have killed this obviously papier-mâché thing with one swift kick!!!!!!!!!!!!   It is my fervent hope the filmmakers here do better with the big reveal of IT, or else all the good up till then will have been for naught.

                                 We will just have to wait and see.  Who would have thought I would ever get this excited again, about a Stephen King movie???????????????????????

                                  It looks, indeed to be a surprising September!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Victoria said...

I've been a Tim Curry fan since Rocky Horror

The Raving Queen said...


Curry will indeed be a tough
act to follow. I will report
on the film, when I see it!