Followers

Friday, September 1, 2017

The Miss Havisham Look Might Be The Fashion "In" Of The Season!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                 I can tell you, over the years, and countless readings and viewings of "Great Expectations," (only the 1947 David Lean version will do, darlings!!!!!!!!!!!!) I just love Miss Havisham.  Apparently, that has not been lost on many, because just look at this photo of all these Havishams.  This could be the bridal look of the season--jilted!  Or it could be drag for embittered old queens, because who could relate to Miss H better?  I knew I did when I was a spinster.

                                    Let me make one thing perfectly clear.  Miss Havisham may have dressed in rags that were once finery, but she changed her underwear. How else could Estella stand being around her????????  Especially when looking like Jean Simmons!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                     I wish I could find an equivalent of Satis House, and have a grand party there. All my invited guests would have to dress like Miss Havisham.  Of course, the servers would be dressed as Estella.  Why not???????????????????

                                     Never would I guess Miss Havisham to have been elevated to a fashion icon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                      See, girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Who knows what September has in store????????????

No comments: