Followers

Saturday, September 16, 2017

I Want To See You There, Tomorrow, Darlings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                           I mean, it isn't even Fall, yet, and things are kicking in, already!

                           Tomorrow wraps up the Brooklyn Book Festival, and I am telling you, right now, I am headed there to see if I can pick up some new literary gems.  I have got to read the new Nicole Kraus, and get my hands on the new Jennifer Egan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                             Not to mention some faves of mine--like Claire Messaud, Jonathan Safren-Foer, and Jonathan Lethem, will be there.  Don't expect Joan Didion; she's too busy drinking and smoking to venture outdoors.  The fresh air would probably kill her!  But you can count on Joyce Carol Oates; just like Sylvia Miles, whenever there is free food!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                            So, yes, I plan on being there to search, meet, and greet.  If you want to do the last two, I will be wearing my most conspicuous T-shirt--the yellow one, emblazoned on front with the poster for "Attack Of The Fifty Foot Woman."  It can't be missed, and it shouldn't!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                            See you all there!  But, I am warning you--anyone who tries to snatch the new Jennifer Egan from my hands, I will fight tooth and nail for it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



2 comments:

Victoria said...

Aww, I wish I could be there. I would wear my "Nanasuaurus" top. Or perhaps my "This Mom Loves Her Marines" t shirt.
Have fun!

The Raving Queen said...


I wish I could have seen those
shirts. I had an interesting time,
as I shall soon post