Followers

Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Am I Seeing A Pattern To Amy's Shows, This Season????????????????????????


                                We-David and I-- never miss Amy Sedaris, on Tuesdays, but I have to wonder what she is up to.  I mean, the first show was about connecting with teenagers, and nothing out of line was there.  But then, there was the show spoofing both "All About Eve," and "Fatal Attraction," and now, last night, a delightful send up of "The Ghost And Mrs. Muir."  I don't know who the actor playing the Ghost was, but he was the hottest since Edward Mulhare did it with Hope Lange, back in the Sixties.

                                 Those nautical curtains were precious. And, as Amy made them, so easy.  I could barely pick out a fabric.  Will, maybe just that.   I couldn't even fashion an outfit to go to Atlanta in, like Scarlett did, with Rhett!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                  Patty Hogg and Chassie Tucker made wonderful appearances, and also Ruth (The Lady Who Lives In The Wood) and her partner, Esther, who seems to be having some menopausal issues.  Even Artremis, the parrot.

                                    Now, I am not sure if Amy is one next week, because I saw a date reading March 26.  I will be curious to see if another movie spoof is worked in.

                                    Anything Amy does is OK with us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7 comments:

Victoria said...

Fasten your seatbelts ...

The Raving Queen said...


Victoria,

Amy has really come up with
some wild ideas. I can't
wait to see what she does next!

The Raving Queen said...


Victoria,

BTW, the actor playing the
hot looking Captain Ghost,
was none other than ex- Elliot
Stabler Chris Meloni. I had to
watch the show a second time
to recognize him!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Videolaman said...

Perhaps because you prepared me with this post, I watched the episode just now more keenly than usual- and noticed a couple thrilling points almost custom-tailored for me as an audience!

You are of course correct that she is spoofing "Ghost And Mrs. Muir" here, and boy did she really run the whole nine yards with it. Much as I love Hope Lange in the kitschy '60s TV version, Amy had grander ambitions here: this was an absolutely spot-on recreation of the Rex Harrison-Gene Tierney original from the '40s. That being in my top three list of all-time favorite movies, I immediately recognized entire paragraphs of the Manckiewicz/Dunne screenplay repeated verbatim by the Captain and Amy.

The smoking hot actor playing the Captain was Justin Theroux, once again proving he should always play a role (hot guy) instead of himself (annoying pretentious douche actor). Amy has been weaving Justin in and out of the show for awhile now: I often wonder how they know each other (she only casts friends, and he's way too full of himself to do bits like this for mere strangers). I was in awe of how perfectly he replicated every gesture and vocal mannerism Rex Harrison used in the movie: I suspect it is a sentimental favorite film for him as well. As if I wasn't insanely gone on him from "The Leftovers" already- gilding the lily, Justin! Let us girls catch our breath!

And of course being a vintage camera geek, I plotzed when Amy's photographer waltzed in with the old Daily News Graflex at the end: perfection.

The Raving Queen said...


My Dear,
I know Justin has been on Amy's
show before. But both David and I
thought that was Chris Meloni playing
the Captain. Are you certain it was
Justin?

Videolaman said...

Yep, I'm positive it was Justin.

My hormones don't lie, and I'm keenly aware of my crushes even when they're in disguise. You had me going there for a minute, tho, when you updated this entry to say you thought it was Chris Meloni (who I would marry in a heartbeat: Justin is hotter in a fling way, but Chris is hubby-hot life partner material).

Since I download the show instead of watching it live, I could freeze frame the credits to verify my eyes (and gonads) weren't failing me. Sure enough, Justin is officially credited as the Captain. Interestingly, he also plays The Commander in other episodes: Amy has a thing for putting him in positions of authority (as would I, given the chance). She casts Meloni in more ambiguous roles like Forest Ranger Russell.

The Raving Queen said...


Yes, Chris is hilarious as Forest Ranger Russell.
I never knew Justin Timberlake had that much in
him. He was unrecognizable to me.