Followers

Saturday, July 1, 2023

Girls, Join Us Tonight At 8, As "Svengoolie" Shows Something None Of Us Has Ever Seen--"The Car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"


                         Honestly, girls, I have never heard of this movie.  I can tell it was made-for-TV, in 1977, but, unlike "Gargoyles," there is no Grayson Hall to liven things up.  The cast is comprised of a bunch of now has-beens-- James Brolin, Ronny Cox, Kathleen Lloyd, Kyle Richards, Kim Richards, (Remember her as Prudence on "Nanny And The Professor, darlings?) John Marley, and John Rubinstein.  At the very least, it will be a night of nostalgia.



                            More likely, it will be "Duel" Meets "Christine."  How original!  I have a feeling there is a reason I have never heard of this film, and I am guessing "Svengoolie" may not show this one again.


                              So, tune in tonight, with an all-star cast of has-beens trying to navigate a killer car.  This is sure to set Driver's Ed. back a bit.


                                If only they had been able to get Grayson Hall!  Where was she?


                                 See you tonight at 8, for all the fun, girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                              

2 comments:

Victoria said...

welp, now you’ve got me singing the theme song from “Nanny and the Professor”!!
Oh and, ask David if he’s seen the Family Guy “driver’s ed” parody!!

The Raving Queen said...

I know, I remember the theme too. And yes David has seen
the "Family Guy" parody.