Followers

Saturday, July 1, 2023

Welcome To July, Darlings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                          This is the biggest party month of the Summer, darlings, starting with July 4, and continuing onward.  And what better way to welcome in this month than with the cast album of the definitive July 4 musical?



                           I always thought the eagle hatching out of the egg was so cute!  Forget that Diane Paulus knockoff, there is only one way to do "1776," and I hope, somewhere, someone is doing it.



                             I wish you all a happy and safe July, with all the pleasures the month usually brings.  For me, July 4 conjures up happy but sad memories of a cookout we used to go to, with people who are now gone.  I always think of the Lammers on this day.



                                But don't despair; I want everyone to have a fun filled party-oriented July!!!!!!!!!!!



                                As Freddy Cannon says, "That's when the good times roll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

4 comments:

Victoria said...

Same to you!!
July will begin on a somber note around here; a friend just died of cancer and his funeral will be this week.
This seems to be happening more and more.
He was diagnosed, started treatment, was doing well and then suddenly went downhill.
Not much older then myself.
On a happier note, Monday is the birthday of my Firstborn Son!!
And my other son and his family, will be here for a couple weeks before they pcs to Japan!!!

The Raving Queen said...

Victoria,
So sorry to hear about your friend. But happy birthday
to your eldest, and what a nice chance to spend with your
other son and family. Remind me again--which is the
despised daughter-in-law?

Victoria said...

Oh wow you Remembered!!!
Sadly neither of my daughters in law seem especially fond of me however the wife of my oldest son, is inexplicably cruel.
It’s been a mystery and a Heartache for sure

The Raving Queen said...

Victoria,
I thought you had one d in law on your side. How sad. Your description of the
one married to your oldest makes me think of the Wicked Queen in "Snow White."