Followers

Tuesday, July 25, 2023

She Was An Actress, And A Legend Of The American Musical Stage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                            She was also the mother of actress Mary Stuart Masterson.  I am talking about Carlin Glynn, who died, on July 13, 2023, at the age of 83.



                             Some might well ask me, what constitutes being a Legend Of The American Musical Stage?  Well, for me, it is when someone singlehandedly blows me away with at least one number I will remember forever.  When I saw "The Best Little Whorehouse In Texas," in 1978--The year of my first "Nutcracker,  come to think of it!''--Carlin Glynn blew me away when she sang "The Bus From Amarillo."  And every time I have heard her sing it, she still does.  And the few times I have sung this song myself, I think of her.


                             She was the original Madame Mona, and her performance, and that original production were unforgettable.  The man to her left is Henderson Forsythe, who played the sheriff in the original production, and passed away in 2006, at the age of 88.


                              
I was so sad to hear of Carlin Glynn's passing.  I can think of no better way to honor her, than to share her legendary moment with you all.
                           Here is Carlin Glynn singing "The Bus From Amarillo."


                           Rest In Peace, Carlin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Victoria said...

Mary Stuart Masterson’s mother?!!
How could I have not known that?!!!

The Raving Queen said...

Victoria,
She was married to Peter Masterson and both
mother and daughter were/are underrated actresses.