Followers

Tuesday, August 1, 2023

Can You Believe It Is August, Darlings???????????????????


                              August is an ambivalent month.  Summer is here still, but we know that the end is nearing.  So, let's make the most of this month, girls.  A day is a gift given to us each 24 hours, so it is up to us to make it the best we can. I speak for myself, as well as others.



                               David and I have a busy August planned, including finding out what the doctor says about potential surgery.  Of course, I am worried.



                                  But August also brings a month of "Svengoolie," the chance that I may be able to start "The Covenant Of Water," which I have been looking forward to.  And best of all, later in the month, a reunion with my sister and her children and their spouses, and their offspring, whom I have not seen since 2019.  This has been a summer of reunions.



                                   So, reach out and embrace August. Don't let its ambivalence get you down!



                                   Remember what Lucille Ball said in "Wildcat!"--"But you gotta beat that drum, Janie!!!!!!!!!!!!"



                                   Happy August to all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


2 comments:

Victoria said...

I love that Bible verse, we called it The Benediction in the Lutheran Church.
Reunions are bittersweet for sure; I certainly enjoyed getting together with my cousins in California, however the elderly aunties were cranky and difficult.
They are doing remarkably well for ladies in their eighties and nineties!!
Don’t tell THEM that though, they are dedicated Complainers!!!!

The Raving Queen said...

Victoria,
It is a shame they have to complain. They should
be grateful for being alive and having family.