Followers

Tuesday, August 1, 2023

Let's Start With Something Elegant, Darlings, Like The Chateau Marmont!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                        Girls, there is nothing like planning ahead, and this idea has been kicking around inside my head for a long time.  As Mrs. Lovett says, in "Sweeney Todd," "Bright ideas just pop into my head!"



                         I also have to own up.  Three months from now will be November 1, which is All Saints Day.  It is also my birthday month.  On the 18th of said month, I will turn 69!!!!!!!!!!  Oh, my God, the last year of my Sixties!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Already?????????????????



                         And you know what that means, dolls!  The following year is a milestone, one hard to believe--I will turn 70!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



                         As a child I associated that number with sitting in a rocking chair and knitting.  Not me!  I mean, look at ANNA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



                       So, here is my idea, let us fly to Los Angeles, and stay at The Chateau Marmont!   Of course, we can hit a few major spots, like Rodeo Drive, for some fashions, have tea with whomever is around at the time, see the Hotel Cortez from "American Horror Story," trace the Black Dahlia case, hit Grauman's Chinese Theatre, where my mother once stood in Joan Crawford's footprints, and, of course, bookstores, if there are any!!!!!!!!!!!!!



                        Disneyland?  Who knows?



                      But, really, to turn 70 at The Chateau Marmont, would be fabulous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



                      Mark those calendars, girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



                           

2 comments:

Victoria said...

that WOULD be fabulous!!!
A milestone birthday at the famous, Infamous, Illustrious Chateau Marmont!!!!

The Raving Queen said...

Victoria,
Isn't it perfect?