Followers

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Darlings, I'll Give You "Lullaby From Baby To Baby!!!!!!!"

"The sun is rising in the smokey sky.
The place is any city you can name.
In a house, a door opens, and closes goodbye.
The atmosphere won't be the same."

Girls, those words were penned 32 years ago by Elizabeth Swados, and vocally rendered by the immortal Trini Alvarado in the musical theater classic "Runaways." Now, just why I am thinking about this today? Well, first, we finally get to kiss the ass goodbye to February, which has been a horrible month, and March signals the year going on and thing changing. Plus it just happens to be my sister's--who is a Leap Year baby--unreal birthday, and she is 70!!!!!! I mean, girls, I just can't believe it. Hell, I cannot believe I am actually 55, though my PROFESSIONAL AGE, darlings, is STILL 24!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And there is more not to be believe. Like that I am still single and without a partner. That I who was supposed to make it big and return to the suburbs in triumph with unlimited finanacial resources has not, and is barely ekeing out an existence in an apartment in Queens. And how is this for more--when I leave YOU, readers, I have to high tail it to the City to preach a homily tonight at my church service. My father would keel over, if he knew this, never mind Mother Teresa!!!!!!!

So it is no wonder that Trini's song is passing through my mind. Have a wonderful Sunday, girls, and kiss this month goodbye. Let us hope March is an improvement!!!!!!!

Kisses to all!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: