Followers

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Darlings, It's Time To Say Something About The Strand!!!!!!!!!!!

First of all, girls, for those of us in the know who love it, the Strand is the book emporium in NYC just East of 5th Avenue on 12th Street. Several years back, the People Press did a seething expose on coroporate corruption at the Stand, citing such individuals as Eddie Sutton and Nancy Bass Weyden. Now, sweeties, no one loves an expose of corporate corruption more than moi, darling, BUT a recent visit to the Strand led me to realize there are always two sides to every story.

The People News story maintained that Nancy was your basic abusive careeer bitch, but without any subject knowledge, that she maquerades as an Anna Wintour type, without breadth of subject knowledge that Anna brings to her role, which is why we love her being a bitch.

Bur the other night I had to wonder if Nancy's reputaion might be justified--not because of her being a bitch, but because for the sake of the Strand she might NEED to be.

When I go to the Strand, darlings, it is in literary pursuit. What I was pursuing that night was "Breziger" in hardback, the third and hopefully final volume (though my sources tell me now) of the series started by Christopher Paoli (sp?) with
"Eragon." As usual when I am looking for something there, the Strand came through by housing the very volume I was looking for. But when I got downstairs to pay for it--oh brother!!!!!!

The cashier staff were like disgruntled street prostitutes after a rough night. Hey, honey, I know working at the Strand is tough--hell, I work in the service industry, too--but it is hardly as outputting as plying your wares on the streets of this city. Believe me, I know! From what I have heard!!!!!!

The surliness of these folk was not to be believed. They are working in one of the world's great literary emporiums; they have access to volumes whenever they want, can probably take home stuff and read it--and this is how they act!!! Kiss my ass, you petunias, and clean up your act!!!! Show some respect for us customers, darling, or I am going to speak to Nancy myself, and she will give you bitches what for! Or better yet, I will ask her if I may speak to these guys, and, honey, then they will see the REAL meaning of bitch!!!!! Nancy has nothing on me when it comes to being a bitch, as my faithful blog readers can tell you!!!!!!!! So just remember, the next time The Raving Queen walks in, if I am not treated as the Royalty that I am, darlings, I am going to raise a Royal scene!!!!!!!!

Am I going to let trash like this stop me from going to the Strand??? Of course not--it is too valuable a resource. But, Nancy, dear, I am telling you, your minions had better get their act together or else the Wicked Queen from Snow White will make a LIVE appearance!!!!!!!!

Not that all us Queens are wicked, darlings!!!! Just some of the time!!!!!!!!!

Hats off, and love to all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: