Followers

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Darlings, "The Golden Girls" Show Us The Way!!!!!!!!!!

Girls, who would have thought this retro sitcom could be a path to spiritual salvation? But like a bolt of lightning, it came to me the other night while I was watching some old episodes with the lovely Monsieur Davide. I recall in another time and place, with another David, I watched it in primetime, never thinking it would become a life mantra. But as I and other baby boomers age, it seems we are going from watching "The Golden Girls" to BECOMING "The Golden Girls." Or in my case, loves, "The Golden Gays."

I am telling you, it was like having a vision. I truly felt like Jennifer Jones in "The Song Of Bernadette" as these realizations swept over me. I had always found Rue McClanahan fascinating as an actress, and she was the most glamorous, so I always knew, darlings that I had to be Blanche. And now it looks like I am going to, with my lovely Monsieur Davide as Rose. Except Monsieur Davide is hardly ditsy, though he is taken his own sweet time in reading "The Corrections," loves.

Don't we just love that one floor house exterior that opens each episode.
And the golden sky, with the plane flying? Makes me feel safer about air travel. And the city of Miami as the plane swoops down. Who ever thought I would view this locale in any kind of favorable light? And the brightly colored pastel kitchen and houses, the cups of coffee--you better believe it, here, doll!!-- and those cheesecakes????? And on them in never showed!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let us all be insprired by "The Golden Girls," which tells us to embrace the life we have and have the fun we can!!!!!!! And I intend to keep doing Rue's walk as long as I am able!!!!!!!! Maybe even into the dentist office this afternoon!!!!!!!!!

So, as we age, sweeties, let us embrace our inner Golden Girl. Whether you are Blanche, Doorothy, Rose or Sophia, this is the way to go, darlings!!!!!!!!!!!!

See you at the Early Bird special, loves!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: