Followers

Monday, September 13, 2010

Well, Girls, We'Ve Made It Through Another One!!!!!!!

....Another September 12, that is. Yes, darlings, once again, tradition was continuted when, at 1PM, I trooped over to the IFC Center, which those of us of a certain age still know as the Waverly, and stood in my tradtional spot, and sang once more, "Frank Mills" from "Hair" which is my annual tribute to Shelley Plimpton, who today is more known as the mother of Martha (Plimpton), but wo became a Legend Of The Musical Stage in the orginal cast of "Hair", where she first introduced this.

I was accompanied this year, loves, not by my friend Angela (who has been heard from; more on that later), but by the lovely Monsieur Davide. I noticed during my performance he was doing something with his cell phone/technological apparatus, which I had no problem with; my problem now is that when I went on it this morning, I disocvered I was not on YouTube!!!!!!!!! Granted, it was not my best rendition of the song, but when you are second to Shelley Plimpton, no one is going to complain, I noticed that two women of my generation walking by seemed to smile and point, as if recognizing what I was doing, which I am sure they did. But to think it did not go on YouTube!!!!!!!!!! Perhaps another time, when my rendiltion may be better, though I certainly did an OK one. Honey, I have been doing "Frank Mills" for over 30years; I can sing it in my sleep!!!!!!!!

It was a lovely cool day for it, followed by a trek out to Rego Park, to visit Monsieur Davide's friend Beatrice, who simply looked fabulous, with her Julianne Moore-like hair, having reached the grand old age of 98 on September 9. My vocals were required , and I regaled her with the classic "Life Upon The Wicked Stage" from the classic "Show Boat." Then we were emotionally exhausted, and trooped back to the Village, where I was still suffering from MY CONDITION as a result of the dentist's office. Nothing helps more than a "Law and Order SVU Marathon," and even though my faves were not rerun, it was great to see the gang crack down on crime in this city. They need to do something about those Vicious Opera Queens. I would like to see an episode set in the balcony at the Metropolitan Opera, or with lesbians on a Saturday night in Hernrietta Hudson's bar!!!! Now THAT would be someting--the Opera boys ogling over Chris Meloni, the Henrietta gals trembling over Mariska!!!!!!!! Come on, I mean, NOT Dan Florek!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But a new week awaits us, with literature and such, but no dentist THIS week. Having survived the ordeal, and feeling so COOL and CLEAN orally, I want to get the second side over with, which I will a week from Thursday. Meanwhile, girls, keep your eyes peeled to this blog because I certainly have a Bitch for you this week. And I will give you a hint--this week's winner has been mentioned in some earlier posts!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy Hunting, Girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: