Followers

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Girls, A Bitchfest Will Be Heartfelt!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                   Yes, darlings, originally I had planned a Bitchfest, because, let me tell you, Neely is holding court tonight!  But maybe because last Sunday was Easter, and, being tempered by my annual viewing of "The Song Of Bernadette," tonight should be more heartfelt than bitchy.

                                     Which reminds me--if any of my girls in town are interested, please feel free
to drop by the LGBT Center on West 13th Street tonight, where, between 8 and 9:30 PM, I will be
moderating a discussion of the classic to which we owe ourselves, "Valley Of The Dolls." I cannot
promise a song or two, there may very well be. But I can promise a lively discussion of a book that  has stood the test of time, and, while admittedly trashy (and wonderfully so) has turned up on some curricula vitae across the country at universities in courses on Feminist Literature!  Go figure!  As I have said previously, Susann must be having the last laugh!!!!!!!!!!!

                                         So, for laughter, tears, and more galore, join me tonight at the LGBT Center.
It is sure to be the Book Discussion of the Season, if not the year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                           We go up at eight, darlings, so be on time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: