Followers

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Happy Spy Wednesday, Darlings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



                                       "Nobody does it better."
                                           ---Carly Simon

                      Today is Spy Wednesday, girls, which means things really get into gear as we
come down the home stretch of Holy Week towards the more Important Days.  Certainly, listening
to this song, or maybe even watching the movie that accompanies it, "The Spy Who Loved Me," is
a viable option of acknowledgement in a rather unorthodox way.  But just what are some orthodox
ways to commemorate Spy Wednesday?

                       I would never suggest voyeurism of any kind, however tempting that may be to
some of my more venturesome girls out there.  Are there Spy Wednesday meals?   Maybe something
spartan; a sold, substantial soup, or a loaf of wheat, sour dough or more European style bread.

                         When I was small, and, during this time, the churches would cover the statues,
I thought Spy Wednesday consisted of sneaking into the church and peeking under the covers.
Not that I ever did this, but I cannot say the idea did not cross my mind.

                          Girls, I favor Carly Simon or the simple meal.  Maybe both. For one
thing, neither can get you in any kind of trouble.  And you won't feel about to betray anyone,
let alone yourself, like our good friend Judas Iscariot.

                            So, Happy Spry Wednesday, everyone, and may Holy Week continue to be
reverential and joyous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: