Followers

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

This Just In, Girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!




                            Oh, my God, darlings!!!!!!!!! This was just too much to hope for; so much so,
I never even gave it a thought.  As you may recall on here, in my chronicling the forthcoming Summer
Delacorte production of Sondheim's "Into The Woods," I held out high hopes for the coveted role of
the Baker's Wife, and my hope centered on the brilliant, inspired, and appropriately suitable, Martha
Plimpton.

                              But now comes word that the role is to be played by...........Amy Adams!!!!!!!!!

                               Yes, loves, Amy, she of the dazzling radiance, exceptional musical talent and voice
is upping the prestige factor of what proves to be an already anticipated production.  I knew it would
be a short time before Amy made her debut on the New York stage; she is much too talented not to,
AND, since we know who Amy likes to work with (and who likes to work with her!!!!!!) it makes my
hope for the casting of the Witch, yet to be announced, more of a possibility.

                                 In which case there are going to be riots aplenty in Central Park this Summer,
in a style unseen since Martin Scorsese's "Gang Of New York."  Theater Queens and non-queens alike
are going to be clamoring to get into this; I bet guards will have to be stationed to keep more intrepid
audience aspirants from scaling the Delacorte walls.  I am already of thinking such, myself!!!!!!!!!!

                                   But Amy Adams!!!!!!!!!!  Amy Adams!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Her presence alone
guarantees this show to convert Central Park into a gardenia scented esplanade.

                                     Are we ready to welcome Our Amy to New York?  Where will she
be staying? And who will be her hair stylist?????  I promise you, darlings, as soon as I find out, I will
let you know!!!!!!!!!!!

                                        If only we could hear it from Amy herself!!!!!!!!!!!

                                         Excuse me, darlings!!!!!!!!!!!!  I am going to faint!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: