Followers

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Soon, It Will Be Time To Ride This, Darlings!!!!!!!!!!


                          This, as all my girls know, is the "Spook-A-Rama" ride at Coney Island.  Actually, I think you can ride it now, especially on the weekends, because sometime in April, Coney opens for weekend business, until Memorial Day Weekend, when it opens full time.

                          It is billed as "the longest spook house ride," though, as many times as I have been on it, I have never timed it.  But I just love the design of it, from the outside.  The extended track, the portal you pass through, the banquette-like seats, take me back to past rides of my childhood.  And once inside, it is just as cheesy and fun, as you would expect.  Don't worry; there is no deformed creature or nymphomaniacal Sylvia Miles hiding inside.  Though, you never can be too sure, with Sylvia!!!!!

                          I always ride this when I go to Coney.  As well as what I consider the better spook house ride, "Dante's Inferno," which I will show you another time.  The outside of THAT inspires home decorating ideas for my apartment!!!!

                          But let me be, honest, girls!!!!!  I LOVE these rides, but, along with the Carousel, they are the only ones, at my age, and with my stomach, that I CAN ride!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                           The Tilt-A-Whirl, and the Scrambler???????????  Forget it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: