Followers

Friday, March 22, 2013

A Day Of Remembrance, Girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                 You may recall, darlings, my posting an "In Memoriam" several days back for a lovely and loving woman named Beatrice Friedman, who died six months after her 100th birthday, on March 18!!!!!!!!!

                                    Well, yesterday, on a cold, clouded, snowy early afternoon, almost as somber as the above, Bea was laid to rest.

                                        It was my pleasure and privilege to be part of this group, thanks to my beloved Monsieur, for whom I was there to show my love for Bea and for him, as I guided him through this difficult transition.

                                          The ceremony was short, stark, and haunting. And, when it was done, we all returned to our respective homes, glad but emotionally drained.

                                            May the starkness of that scene yesterday dissipate as Spring comes forth, flowers bloom, the sun shines longer, and Bea's resting place becomes what her presence on Earth was--a place of warmth!!!!!!!!!!!!  It will happen, darlings, I promise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                              But what a day!  Then the Bridgeview Diner (where the service was so spotty, I thought we were going to have another Delemarchier incident!!!!!)  did not serve Meat Lasagna!!!!!!!!!  What would Liza say????????????????????

                                                 I should have stuck with Moo Shu Pork, girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: