Followers

Saturday, March 16, 2013

Girls, Can You Believe It Has Been 50 Years??????????


                                  I began feeling old when I became old enough to remember events going back 15 years.  I was equally shocked, when, before long, or so it seemed, I could remember happenings going back as far as 30 years.

                                  But now I am able to recall things that happened 50 years ago!!!!!!!!!  A half century, darlings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Does this make me ready for the glue factory??????????

                                    Today, 50 years ago, I made my First Holy Communion. Two years ago, on this site, I told the full story--how I tried to sneak to the altar, and do it before I was old enough; how, when the event finally happened, it clashed with the screening of "Godzilla" on Super Adventure Theatre on Channel 9, and my parents had a time getting me in the car, to get to the church!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                       Clearly, I was not marked for the clergy!!!!!!!!!!!!!  But, how does it feel, after 50 years, loves????????????

                                         First, I am grateful enough to say I have lasted this long.  I also thought this time would come less soon than it did.  I have a few more receivings  of Communion in me, starting with tomorrow, which will not only commemorate this anniversary, but happens to be Passion Sunday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Not to mention St. Patrick's Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                           And my actual First Communion WAS on a Saturday; same as today. Which meant the next day must have been St. Patrick's Day.  I cannot recall what they did with the Parade back then, have it on Saturday, like they are today, or have it on the actual day, which was Sunday.

                                            But that was back in the day when things like that were up to Captain Jack McCarthy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   How many of my girls remember him???????????????????????

                                             The Body of Christ, darlings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

HarlowFan said...

I LOVED Captain Jack; he was right up there with Officer Joe Bolton!