Followers

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

This Is The Day,Girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                  I sure hope the weather is OK out on the West Coast, around the Capistrano mission!  If the swallows have to pass through my (NYC region) en route, they just might turn around, and go back, and I would not blame them, one bit!  However, I have never been quite sure where it is, on October 23, that the swallows fly TO, but my guess is it is nowhere within the New York area.

                                    As a child, I can remember when this event would get media coverage. There would be photos of people along the walkway to the mission, sitting in lawn chairs, awaiting this event, and TV newscasters would document it. I don't recall ever seeing the swallows actually arrive--they don't let us know in advance, loves--so they may arrive when we are not looking.  But, according to the Legend, today, St. Joseph's Day, is when they return.  And with them we welcome the first real indication of the arrival of Spring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                    Now, if only the Metropolitan Area meteorologists would acknowledge it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                     Anyway, welcome back, Swallows Of Capistrano!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                      Tweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Tweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: