Followers

Saturday, November 16, 2013

Happy Birthday To Still The Greatest Show Stopper In Broadway History!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                            Now, darlings, if you cannot tell me who that is, you are either heterosexual, not of the theater, or have not been reading this blog enough, or at all!  Actually, heterosexuality and a  non-theater background can no longer be blamed; my 98-year-old father, who is both, could tell you who this is, ever  since October 25, 1975, when we saw history for ourselves.

                             Of course, I am talking about Donna McKechnie, she who originated Cassie in "A Chorus Line," and whose equal has not been seen, since!!!!!!!!!  Today happens to be Donna's birthday--she is the Premiere Musical Theater Baby!!!!--and, according to what you believe, she is somewhere between the ages of 69 and 73!!!!!!!!!  Which means not only that Donna is, for all intents and purposes, pretty much a septuagenarian, but that the entire surviving (four have died) Original Cast members of "A Chorus Line" are now seniors!!!!!!!!!!!!!   If you have trouble wrapping your brain around that  concept, how about the fact that, teetering on the brink of late middle age, I am not that far off????????????

                            It boggles the mind!  Especially, ever since that October in day in '75, I have lived Donna McKechnie, I have breathed Donna McKechnie, I have wanted to BE Donna McKechnie!!!!!!!  Which is pretty much how she and "A Chorus Line" influenced my age group, at the time!  To this day, I still try to strike that pose!  And, now, with my morning exercise walk, I am inspired, once again, by Donna!  Whenever I think I have had too much, I remind myself Donna would never give up!!!!!!!!!!!!

                           Which is why she is still with us, still a Legend, still The Greatest Show Stopper In Broadway History!!!!!!  And she could still do it, tonight!!!!!!!!!!!

                              And now, for those of you having heard me talk of this Legend, here is a chance to see her in action, what made her that Legend!  I wager you never have, nor ever will, see such dance technique again!!!!!

                               Happy Birthday, Donna!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                               Dance, Showstopper, Dance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                             
                           

                         

No comments: