Followers

Friday, November 29, 2013

Something Else To Wait For, Darlings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                        Along with Christmas Day, and the annual visit to the tree at the Metropolitan Museum Of Art, followed by Delemarchier, there is still the New York Times' Ten Best Books Of 2013 List to look forward to.  Now, they have not even published the 100 Most Notable Books Of 2013, from which 90 are eliminated, and ten are left!  The trick is always trying to guess which ten.

                          Now, Jonathan Franzen did not publish a novel this year, but Donna Tartt did!  Even though I enjoyed, but was not blown away, by "The Goldfinch," I think it will be on The List.  Better that than "&  Sons," by David Gilbert; I have been hearing a lot about Philip Meyer's "The Son," so I would not be unhappy, if that made it.  James McBride's book, "Good Lord, Bird," is almost certain to make it, having already won the National Book Award, but how about Jhumpa Lahiri's "The Lowland?"  Great writing, but, I have to say, for a depressing book, it is hard to shake off!  I wouldn't mind its presence on The List!!!!!!!!!!!

                        Of course, as already announced, my choice for Book Of The Year is Marisha Pessl's "Night Film."  It should damn well go on The List, but even if it does not, take my word, honeys, it is the Best Of the Year!!!!!!!!!  Would I steer my girls wrong???????????

                        Certainly we will know the results in the next couple--two or three--weeks!!!!!  And you know, I will discuss it all with you, at length!!!!!!!!!!

                           Will "The Luminaries" be there????  We shall see!

                            Happy Reading, to all MY Luminaries!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: