Followers

Tuesday, September 5, 2023

Oh, My God, Girls! I Cannot WAIT To Hear The Stories That Come Out Of THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                        The revival of "Funny Girl," was finally put to rest, making it definitively clear that only BARBRA could sustain this show.  And though it SEEMS Lea Michele saved it, with much help from Tovah Feldshuh, all Lea did was save her ego.  Like Beanie (who?) what the hell is she going to do now?????????  Since she has supposedly had her "life's dream?"  Where does she go from there?  The gutter, like Neely O' Hara?  I wouldn't be a bit surprised.



                                        If you think I am being a bitch, hons, I am only getting started.  The one who REALLY saved this show was Julie Benko, who, as one who saw all three Fannys, was the best of the lot. And she has a gig already, with "Harmony."  Julie is the real hero of this show.



                                        But that is just me.  Anyone who worked on this production from the start has stories to tell, and a book to write, and mark my words, someone on this project will step forward and this book will sell to every Theater Queen on both sides of the Hudson.  I cannot wait to hear the truth about what really what went on backstage at this show.  Poor Jane Lynch.  Now, she is doing commercials for summer vacation in Illinois!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Oh, well a girl has to work.



                                          The story of this revival will be the stuff of legend for years to come.  The sad thing is, it could have gone so differently, if only choicer decisions had been made!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



                                            For those who saw the show with Julie, and even Lea, be grateful.



                                            The vehicle will never again be seen on Broadway in our lifetimes.

2 comments:

bogieme2 said...

hello michael and david im sure you wish me a happy birthday I saw lea last show and how she didmy man as an encore as barbra did except Lea only sang part of the song barbra did the entire song, ANY WAY VERY HEAVY RUMOR LEA WAS SUPPOSED TO GO INTO THE REVIVAL OF CHESS as florence and about a amonth ago it was annouced it would be delayed by 9 months what do suppose that is I dont know why shes not annouced it yet but that seems to be the tea hope you both stay well norman

The Raving Queen said...

Norman,
The funny thing is this weekend David and I were discussing September birthdays. I knrw we had at least one, but I could not recall who it was.

So, a Happy Belated Birthday to you, Norman, from David and I. May the year bring you health and happiness.

You saw Lea's final performance? Wow? Now that the show is closed I hope someone tells the truth about what went on backstage.

Lea in "Chess?" Oh, no! Judy Kuhyn and David Carroll cannot be replaced.

Though maybe Jessie Mueller, Ben Platt, Josh Groban or Jason Danieley.

Time will tell.

Again, Happy Birthday from David and I.