Followers

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Subway Musicians Are Undeniably Fascinating!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                     I know some of you girls out there have wondered why I don't do this, in my spare time, to get exposure.  After all, some may rightly argue, I do pretty much the same thing each September 12, in front of the Waverly.  Of course, that is only one song.

                                      And I confess the thought has passed through my head I should try out my "Getting In Touch With My Inner BARBRA" act in the subway, but, I guess my standards are just too high!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                        Nevertheless, each evening I walk through the 42nd Street tunnel at rush hour, dashing off of the IRT and onto the BMT  to transport me home, I am often caught off guard by the variety of performers in the spot linking the two sections, (right down the steps, in the center room, before heading to the BMT stairs!!!!!!!!!) their talent, and, often, their array of musical equipment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                          It never ceases to amaze me how these types seem to pop out of nowhere!!!!!  Where do they hole up during the times they are not performing?  Under bridges???????  More important, where do they store the amount of equipment some of them have, and how do they deal with hauling it back and forth, setting it up, etc. Unless that is all part of the musician trade.

                                            No one was performing as I passed through this morning. But I guarantee that tonight someone or some group will be there.  I have heard opera, calypso, Sixties rock, show tunes, (but not enough of those, darlings; maybe because they all know the Raving Queen passes through each night, and damned if I am not going to tel someone how to properly sing a show tune I know!!!!!!!!!) never knowing what it will be from one night to the next. And sometime dance accompanies it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                             The hills may be alive with the sound of music, but, I am telling you, darlings, those subway tunnels are crawling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                                From the top, loves!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: