Followers

Friday, May 3, 2013

Why Stop Now, Carlos???????? You're Just Getting Warmed Up


                                          When I first read Carlos Ruiz Zafon's novel, "The Shadow Of The Wind," back in 2001, (can you believe it has been twelve years, girls???????) I never imagined it would signal the beginning of a trilogy.  Even when "The Angel's Game" came out, which I enjoyed, I never guessed Zafon's intent.  But now, having just completed, with breakneck speed, "The Prisoner Of Heaven," I am amazed not only that it is a trilogy, but--once arriving at the end--can only wonder why is he going to stop here?

                                             The final sentence of Zafon's latest novel suggests he may not, and I, for one, hope he doesn't.  I want to know more about that despicable Valls (who he truly is) as well as the Semperes, father and son, and the wonderful world Zafon has constructed for them in The Cemetery Of Forgotten Books, which is one place you know I would like to visit, loves!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                               I know I should say this novel can stand on its own, but I am going out on  a limb, darlings, by stating that you absolutely have to read the trilogy in order.  One reason being is that the first book, "The Shadow Of The Wind," is the only one of the three which can stand on its own.  So, if you read only one of these, read that!!!!!!!!!!!

                                                 This book is a breathtaking conglomeration of mystery, romance and revelation (though not enough!!!!!!!!) that had me racing in spite of wanting to savor Zafon's carefully developed sense of style and plot construction.  Like eating popcorn, of a consistently high grade!!!!!!!!!!!

                                                  I cannot wait for his next book, whether it is about the Semperes, or not!
I have not had as much fun with a boos since "West Of Here."

                                                    Curl up in a chair, with some sangria, and enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                                     Ole! loves!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                                   

                                                 

No comments: