Followers

Monday, January 22, 2018

Do I Actually Have To Go All The Way To England To Get This????????????????


                                       Of course, when I was a child, I had the Milton Bradley game, "Chutes And Ladders."  It failed to thrill me, compared to "Candy Land," which had the most colorful game board that I recall to this very day.  And it was not till I reached adulthood, that I discovered 'Chutes' originated in England, under the name "Snakes And Ladders."

                                       Look at the design of the game board.  Doesn't that look more fun???????????

                                        Of course, it does!  So, when I went hunting for the Lenormand cards, before purchasing them online, I thought I would look for "Snakes And Ladders."  I actually found an edition at the Union Square Barnes and Noble, but it was cheap jack, not the original British version, with some sort of game on the other side of the board, relating it to technology!  Huh?  At $16.95, I was not about to fall for this bogus crap!!!!!!

                                         So, I will put the question out there--apart from a trip to England, does anyone know where I can get an edition of this game?  Even if Milton Bradley has one with "Snakes And Ladders" on the other side of 'Chutes,' I would go for that.  Any info?  Please let me know!

                                         A trip to England would be lovely at this time, but why should I go now, when Hayley Mills herself is now on this side of the continent?   I know some out there may be shocked I have  not seen her in the play "Party Face," yet, but I promise you, I will.  And there will be a full report for all Hayley Mills fans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                         But you have to admit--"Snakes And Ladders" sounds more fun than 'Chutes."

                                         An early example of America dumbing down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: