Followers

Wednesday, January 17, 2018

You Know How Much I Love Abandoned Amusement/Theme Parks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                              If any of you out there can recommend some good novels with abandoned amusement/theme park settings, do let me know.  As I was researching such, I came across a lost area I have GOT to visit--"The Wizard Of Oz" Theme Park in Beech Mountain, North Carolina.

                               They got the Yellow Brick Road right, and I certainly want to walk down that.  But the rest of the place, from the photos I have seen, seems modeled on the creators' conceptions, rather than MGM.  And, as everyone on here knows, darling, I consider MGM emblematic of Oz reality.  Maybe MGM would not give permission to directly recreate sets.  Who knows?

                                  But isn't this fascinating, darlings?  "Ease On Down The Road," and to hell with Diana Ross!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                                   
                                  According to local lore, the park is open once a year, during the Autumn season, so dedicated Oz fans can explore the fantasy of their dreams.  It is amazing how much of it still exists, and looks put together!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                               
                                 Honestly, darlings, who would have thought I would have a reason for visiting
North Carolina?  South Carolina, yes, for Charleston, and to see if I really am Savannah, whom I relate to, from "The Prince Of Tides."

                                 But my eyes are set on this beautifully decrepit Land Of Oz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                Anyone ever been here, dolls?  Tell me about it, when you send those book recommendations!

                                "We're Out Of The Woods," darlings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: