Followers

Friday, January 26, 2018

Happy Birthday, Celia! Happy Birthday To You!


                                      Today, girls, is the birthday of the lovely and radiant Celia Keenan-Bolger, she who can raise the spirits or break your heart with a smile or turn of phrase; she is that gifted an actress.  I wish Celia all the best, and my suggestion is a day of pampering at Elizabeth Arden, a hair appointment at Sally Hershberger, and then shopping for a new designer gown, and shoes to go with it.

                                        I do not want to tell tales, but it is already on the Internet.  Today, if you do the math, Celia turns 40!!!!!!!!!  I mean, can you believe it!  The woman has no age, and could do anything from Juliet to Miranda in "The Tempest."

                                          Celia, I wish you all you want on your natal day, and await your next theatrical engagement!

                                            We love you, Celia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Victoria said...

She is Something Else all right!!
I'm almost sixty and I was one of those No Age ladies - right up until I got so sick.
Now I'm just another Wimpy Whiner lol

shortbaldfigureoffun said...

I guess that quality makes her perfect to play Cleopatra.

Is she a descendant, literal or otherwise of Ray?

The Raving Queen said...


Victoria,

I am sure you look stunning.
I am 63, and still wish I was as
thin as in my 30's. But age, genes
and meds catch up with one.
But my face is agless--like Ann
Blyth in the "Twilight Zone" episode,
"Queen Of The Nile!"

The Raving Queen said...


Shortbaldfigureoffun,

Celia's take on Cleo would be vastly
different from the others.

I read an interview with her, where
she was asked if the family was related
to Ray Bolger. I recall something mentioned
about she or one of her actor siblings asking
their father, who suggested it is possible,
but did not confirm.

When Celia first came onto the scene, I wondered
that, too!