Followers

Thursday, March 22, 2018

More About Sammy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                I told you I would get back to this, as soon as I found out something.

                                According to Brandee Barnaby, a friend and family spokeswoman, Sammy died last Saturday of cancer.  I do not know what kind, but, as it took him out, does it really matter?  It is sad enough that he is gone, with so many of his cast members still living, and he was someone who should have had a good twenty or more years.

                                 Speaking of "A Chorus Line," in just seven years, the show will celebrate its 50th Anniversary.  Back in 1975, and anticipating this event, I said the entire cast would perform the entire show--on walkers!

                                  How wrong I was!  Because those cast members still alive could do this show full out tonight!  I mean, Donna, Kelly, Priscilla, Baayork.....all of them!!!!!!!!!!!!!



                           


                                     My second error was thinking every Original Cast member would still be
alive,  Michel Stuart, the original Greg, died in 1997. He was only 54.  Hey, that's over twenty years ago!!!!!!!!  And Cameron Mason, the original Mark, died in 2007, at the age of 68.  And now, Sammy, this past Saturday, at the age of 69.

                                 Sammy was taken too soon.  But he is on that plaque, at the Shubert Theatre, so go visit it.

                                  Do it all for love, dolls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: